OIC Condemns Israeli Attack On UNRWA School

Date:

Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, OIC, Strongly Condemned what it described as the ‘continuation of crimes of genocide being committed by the Israeli occupation in the Gaza Strip’ with the attack on a UN school in the Nuseirat refugee camp.

The attack killed 16 people and injured scores more.

Located in the Nuseirat refugee camp, the school was housing thousands of displaced Palestinians seeking shelter from Israel’s assault on the enclave. The majority of those killed were women and children.

“These crimes constitute a flagrant violation of the provisions of international humanitarian law, the Geneva Conventions, and resolutions issued by the International Court of Justice,” the OIC said in a statement reported by news agency SPA.

OIC also call for an investigation of the ‘crime and all war crimes committed by the Israeli occupation in the Gaza Strip, including targeting UNRWA employees and facilities, displaced persons in its headquarters, and health and humanitarian workers, and holding perpetrators accountable and prosecuting them.’

Egypt and Jordan have similarly issued statements condemning the Israeli attack on the school affiliated with the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in Gaza.

Sufian Qudah, spokesperson for the Jordanian Foreign Ministry, reiterated Amman’s strong condemnation of what it defined as Israel’s “ongoing war crimes and genocide” against Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.

He described the attack as a blatant violation of international humanitarian law and a defiance of global calls for an end to the violence.

Qudah criticized Israel’s repeated assaults on shelters and humanitarian facilities, adding that such actions violate international law and display a clear intention to perpetuate violence, reject peace and terrorise civilians.

He urged the international community, particularly the UN Security Council, to take immediate and decisive action to halt these crimes and provide protection for Palestinian civilians.

Meanwhile, the Egyptian Foreign Ministry called for an immediate ceasefire, highlighting the need to uphold human rights in Gaza and end violations against Palestinian women, children and civilians.

The ministry demanded that Israel cooperate with international efforts by allowing the unhindered entry of humanitarian relief and aid into Gaza.

Israel’s war on Gaza has so far killed 38,193 people, mostly women and children since it launched its offensive in October, the Gaza Health Ministry said on Monday.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

38-year-old Female Journalist Seeks N5m For Brain Tumor Surgery

A 38-year-old female journalist in Bauchi State, Hafsat Abdulhamid Adebayo, is appealing for financial assistance to undergo a brain tumor surgery.

LG Autonomy: Tinubu Leading Nigeria To Greatness – Olaosebikan

A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress ,APC, and former chairman of Oluyole Local Government Area of Oyo State, Alhaji Kehinde Olaoseebikan, has said that with the Supreme Court judgment on local government autonomy, President Bola Tinubu is leading  Nigeria to greatness.

Argentina clinch record 16th Copa America with 1-0 extra-time victory over Colombia

Defending champions Argentina won a record 16th Copa America...

FG Awards 187 Crude Flow Station Metering Contract 

By Charles Ebi  Federal Executive Council ,FEC, has approved contract...