I have no plan to contest 2019 election – Osinbajo

I have no plan to contest 2019 election – Osinbajo
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo on Monday said he had no plan to contest the 2019 presidential election.
According to  Reuters, Osinbajo said this when he was asked at the Financial Times Africa Summit in London if he had considered running.
“None of that is on the cards,” the Vice-President reportedly said.
It will be recalled that Osinbajo had earlier disowned a group known as Osinbajo Volunteers, which is campaigning for his election as President in 2019.

His Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Laolu Akande, had asked Nigerians to disregard the group, adding that he had nothing to do with them.

The group had noted that Nigeria now has a “leader who has a clue what to do and (how to) turn Nigeria the beloved to the land of our dreams.”

Thepunchng.com
aljazirah adverts


follow us on twitter @aljazirahnewsng
Like us on Facebook @aljazirahnewsng

Share This:

Related Posts

39 candidates vie for 8 positions in Gombe APC The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Gombe State said it had screened 39 candidates vying for eight vacant positions in the party’s mini congress scheduled for Saturday. Malam Kasim Maigari, state caretaker secretary of the party, disclosed this in an interview with the newsmen in Gombe on Friday...
Railway modernisation: FG to borrow $36bn The Federal Government, yesterday, disclosed that it would require a total of $36 billion to complete its ongoing rail projects across various parts of the country. The revelation which was made by the Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Amaechi, before the Senate committee on Local and Foreign ...
Presidency replies Jonathan: Nigerians trust Buhari The Presidency has replied former President Goodluck Jonathan, who expressed surprise that those who criticised him for leaving the pump price of fuel at N87 are not speaking out now that it has been jerked up to N143. The former president’s administration had in  2012, increased fuel price from ...
NEMA resolves workers’ issues, ends strike The Management of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) on Friday resolved its labour issues with members of the Association of Senior Civil Servants of Nigeria, NEMA unit, ending its three-day warning strike immediately. A statement signed by Mr Sani Datti, Head of Media and Public Rel...
2019: Lamido confers with Abdulsalami Abubakar Former Jigawa State governor, Alhaji Sule Lamido on Thursday met with former military Head of state , General Abdulsalami Abubakar (rtd), as part of his consultative meeting with former leaders of the country concerning his presidential ambition. The meeting, which was held at the Minna hil...
Nigerian suicide bomber, Abdulmutallab sues US for ‘ma... Farouk Abdulmutallab, popularly known as “underwear bomber”, serving a life sentence in the US has sued the government for “infringing on his rights and maltreating him”. On Christmas day in 2009, Abdulmutallab attempted to explode a bomb hidden in his underpants, on a flight from Amsterdam in th...
Jonathan: I’m surprised that those who attacked me over N87 ... Former President Goodluck Jonathan has again criticized President Muhammadu Buhari’s led administration. Jonathan said he is surprised that those who criticised him for leaving the pump price of fuel at N87 are not speaking out now that it has been jerked up to N143. In 2012,...
Man dives into lagoon in Lagos Rescue officials are currently combing the water in search of an unidentified man who plunged into the lagoon from the Lekki-Ikoyi Link bridge. A witness told TheCable that the incident happened around 11am. “We were standing here when the man coming from the Lekki end of the bridge dropped hi...
The Police have been on my neck for refusing to transfer $10... Managing Director of Ecobank Nigeria Limited, Mr. Charles Kie, has filed a fundamental rights enforcement suit before the Federal High Court in Lagos, seeking protection from police harassment. In the suit through his lawyer, Chief Anthony Idigbe (SAN), Mr. Charles Kie claimed that the police had...
30 IDPs girls raped in camp An alarm has been raised by the  Presidential Committee on the North-East Initiative over the increasing rape cases and attacks on Internally displaced persons (IDP )  in camps across the North-East. It noted that about 30 girls were defiled in the Internally Displaced Persons camps in Yobe State...
Group backs Jonathan’ statement on APC, says APC shoul...   The Believe Nigeria Initiative wishes to state categorically that it is high time for the All Progressives Congress-led government at all levels, especially at the centre, to immediately desist from lying to Nigerians and deliver on its promises of change. Recent developments in the cou...
APC government full of lies – Jonathan As the race for the office of the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, hots up, former President Goodluck Jonathan again lashed out at the All Progressives Congress,  ‎APC led administration for running a government of lies and propaganda. Speaking in Abuja yesterday while rece...
PDP Chairmanship: Fayose restates call for single candidate ... Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State has reiterated his position that those aspiring to be the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the Southwest zone must come together and present a single candidate for the position, maintaining that “it won’t be in the collective interest ...