Mubi Polytechnic recovering from Boko Haram attack, admits 4,600 students

Mubi Polytechnic recovering from Boko Haram attack, admits 4,600 students

The Federal Polytechnic Mubi, Adamawa is steadily recovering from the Boko Haram attack of 30 months ago.

The institution has matriculated 4,600 students for its 2016/2017 academic session.

The attack, which occurred in October 2014, led to a low intake of 1,936 students for the 2015/2016 academic session.

Sadiq Yahya, rector of the polytechnic, said that the current improvement in enrollment was due to academic stability and the hard work of the academic staff, adding that management would continue to work with all stakeholders to ensure stability on the campus.

He advised the polytechnic community to resist internal and external manipulations aimed at disrupting academic activities on campus.

“Today we have recorded an improvement in the enrollment of students on this great institution against the 2015/2016 enrollment,” he said.

“This has been achieved due largely to the academic stability as a result of absence of strike actions which lead to timely graduation of students and the efficiency on the part of the academic staff which tell a lot on the quality of the graduates of our dear institution.

“I urge the polytechnic Mubi community to stand its ground and oppose any manipulation either internally or externally conceived targeted as causing academic disharmony.

“We the management will continue to resist any attempt by group or individuals that is aimed at breaching the peace and stability on this campus.

“It is only the academic board that is mandated to lengthen or shorten any semester and no anyone else.”

The polytechnic was shut down in October 2014 after a Boko Haram attack that led to the death of 26 students and some lecturers.

The institution was reopened in June 2015 but has suffered low enrollment of students until now.

TheCable

Nigerian Online Newspaper=


follow us on twitter @aljazirahnewsng
Like us on Facebook @aljazirahnewsng

Share This:

Related Posts

Yobe State Government Says 48 Of 94 Missing Schoolgirls Retu... The Forty-Eight out of the missing ninety-four students from Government Girls Technical College, Dapchi have returned according to the Yobe state government. This was made known by the state commissioner of education, Mohammed Lamin, who disclosed that while 28 of the missing students returned on...
Boko Haram: Get Shekau Dead Or Alive, Buratai Charges Troops The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, has again charged troops to capture Abubakar Shekau, the factional leader of the Boko Haram terrorists group, alive or dead. Buratai gave the charge at Camp Zairo, the former Command and Control Centre of the terrorists group in the Sambisa forest ...
Boko Haram Abduct Dozen Of Travelers On Maiduguri-Damboa Roa... Dozens of the travelers were abducted on Saturday by suspected Boko Haram terrorists on Maiduguri-Damboa Road, security sources have told  SaharaReporters. The incident, said sources, occurred at about noon in Kuwa Kauwa, a village near Bulaburin in Damboa Local Government Area of Borno State.     ...
Boko Haram Releases 13 Hostages To FG Dreaded Islamist militant group, Boko Haram has released 13 people who were kidnapped in north-eastern Nigeria last year, the government says. They include 10 women seized during an attack on a police convoy and three lecturers from Maiduguri taken during an oil exploration trip. President Muham...
Boko Haram’s Shekau Calls Self ‘Invincible’... Says Military did not defeat Boko Haram By Chidozie Ogbonnaya with agency report The leader of Boko Haram, Abubakar Shekau says he's still in control of an important territory that the Nigerian military says it has seized back from the islamist group. In the 10-minute video released on ...
Boko Haram Attacks Borno After Army’s Claim of Complet... Barely 48 hours of announcing that the dreaded Boko Haram Islamist group have been completely defeated by the Nigerian army, Boko Haram terrorists attacked Kala village, opposite the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camp in Dalori, Borno State. It will be recalled that last week,  Theatre C...
Army rescues 100 civilians, claims Boko Haram completely def... Maj.-Gen. Rogers Nicholas, the Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, says the Nigerian Army has completely defeated the Boko Haram insurgents. Nicholas stated this during the inauguration of the Nigeria-Cameroun Military Joint Mission on Saturday in Maiduguri. He disclosed that his troops ...
Boko Haram kills 11 in Maiduguri Eleven people were killed when Boko Haram gunmen and suicide bombers launched a rare combined attack inside the strategic northeast Nigerian city of Maiduguri, police said on Thursday. Borno state police commissioner Damian Chukwu said one civilian was killed as locals in the Jiddari Polo area of...
Boko Haram suspect regains freedom after four years in custo... Federal High Court, Abuja, on Tuesday, discharged a Boko Haram suspect, Usman Abubakar, who was arraigned alongside six others on terrorism charges. Abubakar, the 6th defendant, was allegedly involved in the abduction of seven foreigners from a construction site in Bauchi, who were taken to Sambi...
Bomb Scare: Passengers jump off plane in Australia Terrified passengers jumped from a Virgin Airline plane at an Australian airport after a threatening note was found on board. According to AAP, passengers were told to leave their luggage and jump about 1.2 metres from the exits onto the tarmac. The reported bomb threat, which turned out to be...
Shekarau supports Buhari’s anti-corruption battle Ibrahim Shekarau, former governor of Kano state and PDP chief, has declared that he is an ardent supporter of the anti-corruption efforts of the federal government. The former minister of education lauded the anti-corruption fight by President Muhammadu Buhari while speaking with journalists in S...
Troops capture 14 Boko Haram terrorists Troops of the Operation Lafiya Dole have captured 14 Boko Haram terrorists and neutralised many others in Borno State. The Army embarked on clearance operations at Chikum Gudu in the northern part of Borno State on Friday when they captured the terrorists. Brig.-Gen. Sani Usman, the Director of ...
Nigeria rejected British offer to rescue seized Chibok schoo... British armed forces offered to attempt to rescue nearly 300 Nigerian schoolgirls kidnapped by the Islamist militant group Boko Haram, but were rebuffed by Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria’s president at the time, the Observer has learned. In a mission named Operation Turus, the RAF conducted air recon...

Tags assigned to this article:
Boko Harambomb blastmubi polyterrorism