Edo Election: IGP commends the professionalism displayed by Police officers133 views
EDO STATE 2016 GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION
- The Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris NPM, mni, commends the exemplary conduct and professionalism displayed by Police officers and officers of the complementary sister security agencies in the just concluded Edo State governorship election held on 28thSeptember, 2016. The Inspector General Police and the Police management team, after a thorough appraisal, and review of the execution of the security operations for the just concluded Edo State Governorship election expressed full satisfaction and extolled the conduct, and performance of officers and men exhibited throughout the State to ensure peaceful atmosphere, orderliness and security of life and property before, during and after the election.
- The preliminary reports of international and local observers, election monitors and most of the stakeholders indicate that the security template implemented at pre, during and post elections was devoid of the characteristics of previous elections which in most cases are fraught with loss of lives and property. This exceptional performance of the Nigeria Police Force in the election, exemplified the determination of the Inspector General of Police in ensuring that Election Security in the Country is implemented based on international standards and Policing with integrity
- This elections which will generally be an index of future elections, was undoubtedly conducted transparently and in accordance to principles of democratic policing. The Edo governorship election has proved from the policing perspective that the Nigeria Police Force has the capacity, knowledge, ability and personnel to process and safeguard our nascent democracy.
- The IGP commends the law abiding citizens of Edo State for their cooperation with security agencies in ensuring that the governorship election was conducted in an atmosphere of peace, law and order despite some isolated infractions of the law.
- The Nigeria Police will continue to discharge its constitutional responsibilities within the framework of the rule of law and humane dispositions.
- The IGP wishes to assure the members of the public, electorates and other critical stake holders in Election management that the Nigeria Police Force will sustain this tempo and successes in the future elections in the country.
DCP DON N. AWUNAH, fsi
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) yesterday formally received a petition asking the agency to probe ex-President Goodluck Jonathan
Yesterday, October 27, 2016, US-based oil Company, ExxonMobil announced a discovery of between 500 million to 1 billion barrels of
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE CHIBOK GIRLS: PRESIDENT BUHARI INVITES U.N AS NEGOTIATOR As a show of commitment to swapping the